Making up the Lipotrim formula.
Female SachetsRemember: It is essential to have 3 female portions of Lipotrim each day. This can be 3 sachets (choose any flavour combination from vanilla, chocolate, strawberry or chicken soup) or 2 sachets plus 1 flapjack (choose from peanut or coconut flavours). Make sure you drink an extra half pint of water with each flapjack to compensate for not having a sachet.
1. As a drink - Add the contents of a sachet of Lipotrim to at least 8 fluid ounces (just less than half a pint) of cold water. Mix well using an electric blender or suitable whisk. If a hot drink is preferred, add hot water and mix as above. Drink within 15 minutes of mixing.
2. As a mousse - Chocolate or Vanilla - add the contents of a sachet of Lipotrim to approx. 2 fluid ounces of cold water in a small bowl. Mix with a spoon until smooth. You will find by experiment/experience how much water to use to produce your desired consistency. Make sure you drink an extra half pint of water when taking the formula as a mousse to compensate for the smaller volume of water used. Eat the mousse immediately after mixing.
Male SachetsRemember:It is essential to have 2 male portions of Lipotrim each day. Men have higher nutritional needs than women and therefore require 2 of the larger, male sachets (choose any flavour combination from vanilla, chocolate, strawberry or chicken soup). If three meals are desired request one sachet plus 2 flapjacks (choose from peanut or coconut flavours). Make sure you drink an extra half pint of water with each flapjack to compensate for a smaller volume of water.
1. As a drink - Add the contents of a sachet of Lipotrim to at least 15 fluid ounces (3/4 of a pint) of cold water. Mix well using an electric blender or suitable whisk. If a hot drink is preferred, add hot water and mix as above. Drink within 15 minutes of mixing.
2. As a mousse - Chocolate or Vanilla - add the contents of a sachet of Lipotrim to about 4 fluid ounces of cold water in a small bowl. Mix with a spoon until smooth. You will find by experiment/experience how much water to use to produce your desired consistency. Make sure you drink an extra half pint of water when taking the formula as a mousse, to compensate for the smaller volume of water used. Eat the mousse immediately after mixing.
- Add coffee to the vanilla or chocolate drinks to give them a different flavour.
- Experiment and vary the amount of water you use as this will change the taste and texture..
- You must use a blender or a shaker to mix the drinks properly. (see Buy Lipotrim Products)
- Mix with ice cubes in a blender and make a smoothie.
- DO NOT USE salt, pepper, curry powder or anything else with the soup. These can affect the ketosis process and lead to increases in fluid retention and blood pressure.
Things to Remember
Lipotrim is a complete Meal Replacement Programme. No other food is allowed. Some diets recommend fruit as a snack. On Lipotrim fruit would not be allowed until you have reached your goal and are on the fourth day of Re-feeding. To reduce any discomfort - aim for 3-4 litres of water a day. This should be in small,frequent servings throughout the day.
If you feel hungry - You SHOULD NOT be hungry on the Diet. - Increase your water intake!! No more than 5 litres in 24 hours. Whilst your body goes into ketosis expect to feel tired and lethargic. This is normal and temporary and will therefore pass - STICK WITH IT! After the first week you can exercise as you see fit. Increase fluid intake just before you exercise, to the point where you need to go!!
Keep weight loss target real! Set yourself a goal. To give yourself the best chance for success keep your social diary free of mealsor special occasions. Ask your nearest and dearest for support! Do not use other weighing scales! All scales can vary; stick to one pair only - OURS! At least at first to see and achieve the best results.
Take body measurements before starting Lipotrim and monitor your inch loss. As long as you have all your servings every day you may take them at any time. Two large servings for men and three average servings for women. To help break up the day have the first serving mid-morning, rather than as soon as you wake.
We strongly recommend you have an end goal in sight (lose 3 stone, fit in a special dress or suit) and that you reward yourself when you get there. From our experience people who set a goal are more committed and also manage to keep the weight off afterwards.
Without serious commitment to the programme you are unlikely to succeed. We are here to offer support to ensure this doesn't happen but if you do not follow the programme strictly and attend the pharmacy each week you may be asked to withdraw. We are here to guide and support - but it is you that will ultimately decide what weight you want to achieve.
Things to Know
The mild ketosis produced by the Lipotrim formula has a number of advantages for dieters, hunger is reduced and a feeling of well-being is often experienced. Ketones can be detected in the urine of dieters and provides encouragement that body fat is being burned. If you are having problems losing weight on the Lipotrim programme we can take a urine sample, analyse the results and find the root of the problem.
Ketones can sometimes be detected on the breath and you will probably be aware of it for the duration of the diet. This is only temporary, whilst you are in ketosis, and can be reduced by adequate water intake and using a mouthwash such as Oraldene or Listerine.
The low sugar level of the diet is critical to maintaining ketosis so it is very important not to eat or drink anything else, apart from your daily servings of Lipotrim formula and approved drinks.
The foods we would normally eat are made up of large amounts of water so you will not be getting an adequate amount of water unless you purposefully drink it. Water must be consumed in small, but frequent servings throughout the day. A glass of water before and after a Lipotrim serving is also recommended.
Alcohol and Diet Drinks Strictly no alcohol or diet drinks. These will disrupt the ketosis process and affect your weight loss.
Tea & Coffee You can continue with your normal caffeine beverages as long as you take them without milk and sugar. Only tablet sweeteners are permitted, not spoonable powders. Take care to keep your caffeine intake at the same level as before dieting to prevent caffeine withdrawal or palpitations caused by an increase in the amount of caffeine consumed. Caffeinated drinks do not count towards your daily water intake.
Herbal Teas These are permitted only if they are a pure leaf extract and do not contain flowers, berries, fruits etc. Examples of permitted teas are - Peppermint, Assam, Darjeeling, Green tea, Nettle, Earl Grey
While using the Lipotrim formula as a Total Food Replacement, only the following beverages are allowed:
- Tap water
- Bottled water (soda water, still or carbonated, but not flavoured)
- Coffee (black only, with or without caffeine as usual practice)
- Leaf tea (black only)
Headaches may occur due to insufficient fluid intake, change in caffeine intake or carbohydrate withdrawal. Increasing water intake should lessen these symptoms. You may also take your usual painkiller, such as aspirin or paracetamol as long as it is in tablet form, not liquid or capsules.
Bowel movements will be less frequent on the diet than on ordinary food and this is quite natural. However, if you tend to suffer from discomfort due to constipation drink even more water in the first instance. If problems persist, then you may need a fibre supplement or senna (see helpful supplements page) available from Prestwich Pharmacy. It is also quite common to feel tired or lethargic within the first week of using Lipotrim. This is whilst your body gets used to burning energy from stores rather than from food and should pass once you are in ketosis.All of the above are normal and only temporary as your body adjusts to the new regime.
When exertion is to be done, it is essential to hydrate prior to the exertion. This is in addition to the recommended daily fluid intake of 3-4 litres per day.
Many patients are overweight because for whatever reason their mobility is limited, obesity in itself can limit mobility. Exercise is important in a healthy lifestyle but not essential when following the Lipotrim Programme.
- Regular exercise will make your body healthier, both inside and out.
- Exercising whilst on the Lipotrim Programme may improve muscle tone and reduce the appearance of loose skin.
- Getting into the habit of exercising now will help you maintain your new weight later.
- If an exercise regime is to be followed, we recommend taking body measurements. Then you can monitor inch loss as well as weight loss. Another way to see the results of your efforts!
There is no need for any supplements, vitamins or oil capsules while taking the Lipotrim formula. These may also interfere with Ketosis.